- “Fortnite” is offering a new, limited-time game mode called “Endgame” as Marvel’s “Avengers: Endgame” heads hits theaters.
- “Fortnite: End Game” guest stars Thanos and lets players gain the abilities of the Avengers with new heroic items.
- Players are divided into two teams, pitting the heroic Avengers against Thanos and his army of alien warriors. The heroes need to defeat the enemy team before Thanos can collect all six Infinity Stones, the mystic gems that control the Marvel Universe.
- Thanos first appeared in “Fortnite” during an “Infinity War”-themed event last year; the Avengers weapons are a brand-new addition.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Fortnite” has teamed up with Marvel for a new limited-time mode based on the recently released blockbuster “Avengers: Endgame.”
“Fortnite: Endgame” lets players use the powers of the Avengers to battle Thanos and his alien army, the Chitauri. While Thanos appeared in “Fortnite” for an “Avengers: Infinity War” event last year, “Endgame” adds four new weapons inspired by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hawkeye.
As a part of “Fortnite: Battle Royale,” Endgame is free to play on Android, iPhone, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and iOS.
“Fortnite” is currently considered the most popular game in the world, with more than 250 million registered players worldwide. The Endgame mode is a prime example of how “Fortnite” has invaded popular culture, and provides a fun tie-in for casual fans of the movie to kill time for free.
Here’s what it’s like playing “Fortnite: Endgame”: